dirtgirlworld’s get grubby program focuses on the enrichment of the early learner; support for their educators; and inspiring the child to share their experiences and new learnings with their family. It is an integrated curriculum project that aims to address and explore the key learning outcomes of the National Quality framework for Early Childhood Education and Care.
get grubby is created and produced by the dirtgirlworld and Get Grubby TV team – The recipients of the 2013 Digital EMMY: Digital Program – Children and Young People, The 2016 Green Globe Award winners and the 2013 Green Lifestyle Magazine Kids Company of the Year.
1. Getting ready to get grubby…a preparation unit
2. Get grubby…exploring the natural world
3. Get water wise…all about caring for our water
4. Get wriggly…all about worm farming
5. Get funky in the compost…all about compost
6. Get ready to party…celebrating world environment day June 5th
7. Get energy wise…all about being energy wise
8. Get growing…creating an edible garden
9. Get into recycling…all about reducing, reusing and recycling
10. Get happy…all about sustainable celebrations
The subscription provides members full access to all the online content, including:
- 60+ minutes of get grubby streaming videos across the 10 units
- 30+ minutes of dirtgirlworld streaming animation and music video clips relevant to the topics covered in the Get Grubby Program
- 10 activity kit PDFs featuring over 5 hours of practical activities and 24-100 pages of content for each unit
- 10 Achievement certificates
- 10 Educator guides featuring comprehensive notes and ideas for each unit
- Free access to get grubby Pinterest boards
- Member discounts on dirtgirlworld smart seeds, music, merchandise and fundraiser kits
Program content overview
bespoke video for each unit
Each unit contains online streaming videos hosted by dirtgirl, scrapboy and Costa The Garden Gnome featuring the topics to be covered along with demonstrations and challenges. There is also congratulation video message that can be played to participants when they have completed each unit. See below sample video from the get grubby recycling unit.
12-15 tasks encompassing over 5 hours of practical activities for each unit
The PDF activity kits are downloadable for onscreen viewing and printing. They feature hours of practical activities for participants to get involved with for each unit, including outdoor play and tasks to make and do things at their centre; indoor individual and group activities to add to their own dirtgirlworld scrapbook and take home to share with their family.
Each kit features printable activity sheets for participants to complete and these can be added to their own dirtgirlworld scrapbook and taken home to share.
A printable and shareable certificate for each unit
Each unit includes an achievement certificate that can be personalised for the centre or individual, which participants can proudly share with friends and family.
Each unit is accompanied with a comprehensive educator guide to ensure that they have a great understanding of the topics and activities to be covered and how best to communicate and excite participation with their young learners.
dirtgirlworld creates and sources additional inspirational content ideas that educators can access and contribute to for each unit. The Pinterest board will grow organically over time to ensure that new ideas and inspiration are added so the get grubby community thrives with new and interesting content.